These are the services offered by LAAA professionals:
- Active listening: By listening carefully and responding, we assist callers in describing their experience and feelings.
- Psychosocial assessment: We ask questions to fully understand all aspects of the situation and assess the risks.
- Empowerment: We offer callers support, helping them to recognize their reality and needs, while respecting their decisions and rights.
- Information: We provide information on resources and possible recourse so that callers may make an informed decision about the actions they will take.
- Guidance and referrals: We direct callers to the resources best qualified to offer assistance, explaining how to contact them. If necessary, with the person’s informed consent, we may provide a written or verbal referral to the appropriate resources.
- Specific or emergency intervention: To support the older adult and loved ones, or to ensure the person’s safety, we may make an appropriate intervention by phone.
- Follow-up phone calls: If necessary, and with the person’s consent, we may make follow-up phone calls to provide additional support and guidance.