First Nations and Inuit
The Elder Mistreatment Helpline is proud to offer an adapted and culturally safe service for the First Nations and Inuit of Quebec.
Our services are free, confidential and offered in both French and English. Although we cannot offer services in the languages of all the nations in Quebec, we work closely with various partners who have expertise in the reality of the communities.
Consult the Nations map
Our team is aware of the reality affecting the First Nations and Inuit. To refine our understanding, we’ve had training to familiarize ourselves with the multiple realities affecting the different communities in addition to working in collaboration with organizations working for, by and with the First Nations.
Here is a short video describing our service for First Nations and Inuit customers, available in English and French to share in your communities or organizations.
- First Nations of Quebec and Labrador Health and Social Services Commission : https://www.cssspnql.com/en/
- Nunavik Regional Board of Health and Social Services : https://nrbhss.ca/en
- Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay (CBHSSJB) : https://www.creehealth.org/home
- Quebec association of native friendship centres (RCAAQ): https://www.rcaaq.info/en/
- Native friendship centers not part of the Association (list to follow)